Bhanurekha Ganesan, better known as Rekha is a part of the Indian film industry for over 50 years. She is the recipient of a National Award (Umrao Jaan – 1981) and a Padma Shri in 2010. With her acting in more than a hundred films, we bring you a few in which she literally stole our hearts and breaths away.
Here are 5 remarkable roles (according to us) portrayed by Rekha which actually made us fall in love with her. Check it out:
1. Khubsoorat (1980): Rekha as the fun, spirited and playful girl not only won over the entire Gupta family but, Rekha also won the Filmfare Best Actress Award.
2. Umrao Jaan (1981): Rekha, as the young courtesans in a brothel in Lucknow was awe-worthy. The grace and poise with which she essayed the role is still praiseworthy. For those who haven’t watched this film yet, do so else your missing on one of the best movies of Bollywood.
3. Silsila (1981): In this drama, Rekha played the part of the heartbroken with perfection that our hearts too broke. The loss of losing her love and later being back with him was beautifully told, thanks to the awesome performance of Rekha.
4. Khoon Bhari Maang (1988): This revenge drama saw Rekha come back after a crocodile attack and avenge her murder attempt as well as the torture inflicted on her children and dear one.
5. Biwi Ho To Aisi (1988): In this family drama, we saw Rekha play an illiterate village girl who manages to marry a rich boy and move to the city with him and win over all his family members. The ease with which she played Shalu is one of the plus points of the film.
Here’s wishing the age-less Rekha a very Happy Birthday!